On August 23 we woke up and were to the hospital at 6 am. We got to our room and got all of my IV's in at 7 and then the waiting began. I was dilated to a 2. At 8:45 the doctor came in to see how things were going and I was dilated to a 3 but Carter was very high and hadn't dropped yet so they poked a hole to let my water break and hooked the monitor onto Carter's head. The doc said that he wanted me to wait as long as I could to get my epidural so that he would come down so by 12:30 my contractions were very painful so I decided it was time to get the epidural. I had to get it two times!! The first time it hit a blood vessel so it had to be redone. the contractions that I was having every two minuets hurt so bad that the epidural was amazing!! I then fell asleep so that I would be ready for the next step whenever that would be. I woke up at 2 and he was dropping but not all of the way down and I was dilated to a 5 and 80% effaced. Not too bad but still had a ways to go. At 3:00 things weren't so relaxed. Carter's heartbeat would drop to the 30's when i would contract so at 4:00 the doc came over and added a tube into my uterus to add fluid so that there would be a cushion for the embilical cord cuz that was getting pushed when i would contract. I was dilated to an 6 at that point. Then at 5:00 I was put on oxygen just to help with Carter's oxygen levels. I was able to take the oxygen off a half hour later. He was doing much better. About 5:30 our Doctor came over and said he was supposed to go do a shift at the Temple open house but if he needed to come back he would be back on 10 min. His shift was over at 10pm. I wasn't worried about it cuz I knew he would be there when we needed him i just felt bad that he might have to leave in the middle of his shift but we would see what would happen in the next few hours. He was so sweet cuz he called every hour to see how i was doing. He was Amazing!! At 6:00 I got new nurses and they were great. Carter was facing up and not down so we had to turn me from my left side to my right side every hour. Well my epidural was AMAZING so I couldn't help them at all. I felt bad but they had to lift me I couldn't do anything. Occasionally Ty would have to put my foot back on the bed cuz it would fall off he he. About 9:00pm I was dilated to a 10 and almost 100% effaced. The anesthesiologist came in cuz my epidural ran out and he said they wouldn't refill it cuz I was so close but if i needed more he could come give me a small dose. I got kinda worried cuz i didn't want to feel anything but it was a good thing for me to get serious!! at 9:15 Tyson gave me a blessing. It was sweet and much needed. I am greatful for having a worthy priesthood holder in our home!! At 10pm I was ready to push and the Doctor was back from his temple shift so it was perfect timing!! (Amazing how that works) We were joking that since he was able to do his part in the temple thing that we would be blessed for his service. I really thing that was the case!! Well Pushing was interesting but after 45 min we were ready for the doctor to come over and he came over and we pushed for about 5 more min and out came his head. When the doc said to stop pushing i was like really! that wasn't bad and then gush... out came the rest of his body!! At 10:54pm our sweet Carter was born and We loved him from the very first min!! Wow... I teared up and Ty almost did (he told me that later). He was perfect!! When they handed him to me he was so skinny!! His eyes were wide awake and he kept sticking his tongue out. it was so small!! Then we fed for a few min and then they took him to bath him and give him his shots and stuff. When they weighed him he was 6.11 lb and 19.75in he was a small kid and I loved it!! I wanted a little guy and he was perfect!! Ty and I were so proud. then Ty was able to hold him for the first time. it was so cute for me to see my boys!!
Here are some pix from the hospital!!
