I am reflecting on Conference and wanted to write a few thing that I remembered.
How grateful I am that we have a living prophet on this earth to guide us. It was an amazing announcement he made about the missionary age. I knew in my heart that what he was announcing was what the Lord wanted. I have a testimony of the prophet and fully support him. It was great to have the feeling that this was a great thing for our church. The Lord has the confidence in us that we need to have in ourselves. The coming generations are very strong and are able to learn so much quicker than us. They have an amazing knowledge of the gospel and they are ready to share it. I know it's been said before that the world is becoming more black and white and no longer grey. I can see it around me. You are either for or against the church. You can't be grey! I am striving each day to be WHITE! What a blessing it is to have younger missionaries to bring this gospel to all the world! We need more missionaries so that the gospel can reach every nation! This also brings much pressure to us as parents to raise a righteous generation. I just look at my little one and think we have a lot to teach him in the next 18 years! He came with a special spirit and I know that he will be a great missionary!!!
I am grateful that our parents taught us the gospel. Each day I try to read to our little guy to build the habit of reading the scriptures. Although it doesn't last more than 5 min at a time I know one day that he will want to read it with me. I am proud that my husband served a full time mission and I am grateful that our dad's served missions and that my brother is serving today, and my little brother is working towards his mission. What a blessing it is to have the priesthood surround me by my loved ones. We are blessed!!
I am grateful to have a husband that loves me and a wonderful son in this world! I know I am blessed beyond what I can understand. There have been lots of changes in our lives that last few months. A new job for my husband, a new baby, I am staying home from work, and we are buying a home and moving away from family. All of these are blessings to us and at the most perfect of times! We couldn't be happier that the lord watches out for us and he has a plan for us. The more I go on with life the more I realize that the Lord has a plan for me and it is never what I am expecting. I look forward with Faith as to what will happen to our family in the future!
How blessed we are to have a living prophet on this earth in these last days!!
